Attorney with 26 years’ experience litigating in administrative, civil and criminal arenas. Prior to relocating back to the United States in 2016, Ms. Sweeney-MacBride lived and worked in Ireland for 7 years specializing in entertainment law, commercial litigation, and insurance law. Prior to moving to Ireland, she specialized in NY Workers’ Compensation Law for 7 years. She began her legal career in 1994 as an attorney at the Bronx District Attorney’s Office prosecuting homicide, narcotic, and sex crime cases. As a result, she has developed extensive litigation skills.
Area of Practice:
- Workers’ Compensation
- Fraud Claims
- Fordham University, BA Economics, 1990
- Pace University School of Law, J.D., 1993
- Queens University (Belfast), LLM Human Rights Law (with commendation), 2012
- University of Ulster, Diploma in Legal Practice (with Distinction), 2014
- NY State Bar, 1994 | Law Society of Northern Ireland, 2014
- Mediation/Negotiation course at Maynooth University at the invitation of the Department of Foreign Affairs in Dublin, 2016.
- Course Presenter and Creator, “Defending Construction Claims in the Workers’, Compensation Arena